Which to use for my 243?

Discussion in 'Silencers' started by Kyle Lehman, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Kyle Lehman New Member

Kyle Lehman
    1) I am looking to get a can for my 243. I am looking at purchasing a new rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor so obviously the 6.5mm can would be the best choice. I have no need/intentions to go any larger in caliber but for the sake of having that versatility, would a 30 cal can suffice, especially on the 243? On the website it says it's doable but I'm just wondering if anyone has experience w using a 30 cal can w a 6.5 and/or 243? I'm leaning towards going w the 6.5 can so I know I get the most out of the can but it's tempting, for the sake of saving the money, to just get the 30 can.

2) I have a JEC muzzle brake (I know, "brake on a 243?" I mainly shoot groundhogs so the extra recoil reduction+decrease flip is amazing) and I'm wondering if it will work w the CB adaptor w the Ultra 7? (Or if u use a brake does it have to be Thinderbeast brake w CB adapter w Ultra 7?)

Hey, thanks for your advice everyone, I appreciate it!

2. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    It will work great, the 6.5mm version would just be 2-3 dB quieter on both the 6.5CM and the .243, compared to the .30 cal suppressor. I've shot both extensively.

You'd have to remove the old brake and use the CB brake in order to mount the suppressor on it

hope this helps

3. Kyle Lehman New Member

Kyle Lehman
    Great, thanks! As far as their brake goes, does it work in the same way as a brake like mine? Just trying to understand what purpose it serves. Will it actually give additional recoil reduction vs suppressor only?

4. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    It acts as the interface between the suppressor and the rifle, and has better retention and stiffness vs. a direct thread mount