Use of suppressor for multiple calibers

Discussion in 'Silencers' started by Robert M.Lorenz, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Robert M.Lorenz New Member

Robert M.Lorenz
    Is it acceptable to use, say a 7.62 can for calibers smaller than 7.62?

2. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    Yes. In fact, the two most popular calibers shot through the 30P-1 and 30BA other than .308 are .260 Remington and 7mm RM/WSM.

The net suppressed report is typically a little quieter on the smaller calibers; e.g. .260 Remington is quieter than .308, and 7mm RM/WSM is quieter than .300 Win Mag.

3. vendetta333 New Member

vendetta333
    i would assume due to tolerances for clearance it would be ok, but wanted to check; would a 30 series suppressor be ok having 7.62x39 shot through it? thanx

4. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    Yes, there is plenty of clearance. Just double-check the alignment using the procedure included with the suppressor.

5. CrossArms New Member

CrossArms
    Hi, Zak,
    I read on another thread that a member uses his 30P-1 with .223 in addition to his other calibers. Will the 30P-1 have as good of performance with .223 as the 223P-1? What kind of difference would you see?

6. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    You might tell a difference in tone but I doubt you'd be able to tell a difference in "volume" without a sound level meter.

7. Wendell Sullivent New Member

• Thunder Beast Shooter
    Wendell Sullivent
    Zak,
    Getting a DTA in 7WSM, which of my surpressors would work best my 30P-1 or my 338P?

8. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    If you don't plan on stepping up to .338, the 30P-1/30BA

9. Wendell Sullivent New Member

• Thunder Beast Shooter
    Wendell Sullivent
    Wow Zak, that was fast! I figured you would still be Re-couping from the Safari match, sounds like you had a good match from what I hear tough but well put on. I got my surpressors before The BA's came out so I stuck with what I have.

10. J-Staff New Member

J-Staff
    I have been thinking about acquiring an AR with a upper chambered in the 300 Blackout/Whisper?, And it seems that the 30P-1 would be ideal, has any one tried this combo, and as I am seeing in this tread that swapping over to the 5.56/.223 upper will still work great, with a small tonal change but no increase in real DB's.
    Any one see a problem with that?

11. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    Ray and I have had a pair of .300 Fireball/Whisper uppers for several years (10.5"). The 30P-1 works great.

12. J-Staff New Member

J-Staff
    Great!
    Thanks very much.