Ultra 7" or 9" for 6.5 creed and 300 RUM

Discussion in 'Silencers' started by Russell Scott Berglund, Sep 7, 2019.

1. New to forum, have read what I could find, but need 1st hand advice. I have a Rem 700 custom built 300 RUM with 26" hvy bbl, and an ar10 custom 6.5 Creedmoor with 22" bbl. I am getting ready to order (when in stock) either a 7" or 9" Thunderbeast silencer for use on both guns.....these guns are used for fun long range shooting(1000 yds) and the 6.5 for that and coyote hunting, deer hunting. Looking for advice/opinions on using either length for both rifles.....I know the 300 will be like a telephone pole, but it won't be carried...Will using a 30 cal can on the 6.5 be unwise? Don't have the cash for more than one, or I'd own 10 different ones thanks for any responses, rsbhunter

2. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    .30 cal Ultra 9, or a 338 Ultra if you want the most quiet!

3. Zak, thanks for the reply. IF you have time, I want to buy the ultra 9 30 cal. I know the silencer shop is out of these, not taking backorders, I see the dealers that were sent this model. Seeing as 2 shops in my town have the Silencer shops kiosk , which to me seems the easiest way to obtain the tax stamp and trust. Is there a way to go thru the kiosk and still order through one of your dealers in Colorado, or Texas . I know your not connected with the SS, but if possible, it would allow me to start the process now. Again, thank you for your time, Russell

4. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    I am not sure if the SS Kiosks can be used for "non SS" purchases. But you can always just submit a regular Form 4, it's not a big deal. SS has a large number of cans on order, many of which should be shipping in the next 1-2 months, if not sooner.

5. Zak, guess I was thinking that I had to purchase the can before I could apply for a tax stamp. I thought I needed to have the serial # to put on the application for the stamp or gun trust. Obviously my 1st purchase, just like to do things right. Either way, I will wait for a ThunderBeast, I honestly believe they are the best....Thanks again for your time and knowledge....Russell

6. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    You do need to have purchased a particular can before you can file its Form 4.