Ultra 7 on Scar 17S

Discussion in 'Silencers' started by William McKinney, Aug 3, 2015.

1. William McKinney New Member

William McKinney
    I will be receiving a new Ultra-7 soon this fall, with my intention of using it for my Scar 17S. I have heard this may be tricky at best, yet if there is a will, there is a way. Anyone using an Ultra-7 on a Scar 17? If so, please share your experience, both installing and use. Thanks so much.

2. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
  3. William McKinney New Member

William McKinney
    Curiosity has me with this statement: "Or to be real safe you can have your SCAR rethreaded to 9/16x24. Which is what I did, based on Zaks recommedation. $75 well spent to protect a $1000 can and have a better shoulder. Had a great smith in Dallas do it and he timed the brake so it didn't need washers at all."

I would do this if this would work.

4. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    You might contact this guy and see if he can do it

Fritz Ahlquist
    TJ's Gunsmithing
    261 C Airport Blvd
    Aurora, CO 80011
    303-363-1911

5. William McKinney New Member

William McKinney
    Thanks Zac, I have a gunsmith who can do this for sure, the best smith around. I'll let you know of my experience when we are finished.

6. Ganzo New Member

Ganzo
    Hello - I would like to mount the ULTRA 7 on my new SCAR 17s. Would a sound approach be to use the Gemtech SCAR thread adapter
    http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/SCAR-thread-adapter-p1155.htm
    ... and mount the ULTRA 7 to this? Should I direct thread or via CB Mount? I really appreciate your advice...
    Thanks very much.

7. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    That looks good, but I would always recommend verifying that it provides a straight and true interface, then permanently loctite it in place..

8. Ganzo New Member

Ganzo
    Got it - thanks. That was quick ;- ) ... would you recommend direct thread to that or use the Thunder Beast CB mount on the adapter - seems less is more here? Thanks again.
    Dan

9. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    I'd put the CB brake on it

10. Ganzo New Member

Ganzo
    Thanks - that really helps.

11. Ganzo New Member

Ganzo
    Hi again Zak - I will be receiving my ULTRA 7 in a few weeks. For my SCAR 17s, I have the Gemtech SCAR thread adapter, which came without any washer. I also have the CB brake from Thunder Beast, which comes with a peel washer. Question: is it okay to mount the Gemtech SCAR thread adapter to the SCAR without a washer? If not, what kind of washer and size should I use? Thanks

12. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    The Gemtech adapter provides a 5/8-24 interface, so you'd put that on, then use the CB brake and peel washer on top of that

13. Ganzo New Member

Ganzo
    Ok - thanks. I presume Gemtech adapter needs no washer since none came with it and I can use some hi-temperature locktite

14. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    I believe it shoulders on the muzzle, so no washer!