Suppressor cleaning

Discussion in 'Silencers' started by Jeff, May 20, 2011.

1. Jeff Resident capitalist

• Thunder Beast Shooter
    Jeff
    What does TBAC recommend as the interval for cleaning suppressors? Additionally, what materials should be used and what method(s)?

2. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    Hi Jeff,

I touched on that in this tech note: Do I need to clean my suppressor? How often?

The executive summary is that very little to no cleaning is required. Centerfire silencers do not need to be cleaned. Rimfire silencers can go a very long time without cleaning with almost no performance impact; when they eventually do (as in years or multiple 10,000's of rounds), they can be cleaned very effectively using an ultrasonic cleaner or the popular vinegar/peroxide method. (These methods are not appropriate for many aluminum suppressors, and this is why many people want take-apart .22 suppressors-- that does not apply to our Ti cans.) We also offer a once-a-year free cleaning if the customer covers shipping.

3. Jeff Resident capitalist

• Thunder Beast Shooter
    Jeff
    Thanks for the info and being patient with my redundant questions. As usual I was multi tasking and did not bother to review all the tech notes.

Mea maxima culpa

4. Adam11 New Member

• Thunder Beast Shooter
    Adam11
    I just clean the carbon off of the rings and put a little bit of FP-10 on the rings and that's it.......they are pretty much self celaning as the man says.