Suggestion for varmint 223 can, decibels - 223p-1 vs. 338ba

Discussion in 'Silencers' started by Brian, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Brian New Member

Brian
    I've used my brother-in-law's 30BA several times and am very impressed! I am currently awaiting a 30p-1, hopefully within a month, and am going to be adding additional TBAC suppressors to a few others, but which ones is what I'm trying to figure.

I have a custom heavy (semi-auto) varminter 223 with 22' barrel that I want to make as quite as possible, but not at the sacrifice of accuracy. A 223p-1 is what I figured would do well, but considering I want to add a 338ba in the near future, would I be better served using a 338ba on the 223? Will it be a significant difference in sound and accuracy with the increased volume and smaller bullet? I figure lots more weight will lower the POI substantially, but question whether it will be likely be repeatable or too much weight swaying on the end of the barrel.

2. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    It should be repeatable, but it will "seem" quite large. Suppression will be good because it has so much volume

3. Brian New Member

Brian
    So you figure the suppression improvement is noticeably better than the 223p-1?

4. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    We don't usually meter on all the subcalibers so I can't give you a very precise answer. I think suppression should be the same or better but the tone will be different

5. Brian New Member

Brian
    10/4, thanks, will prob just stick to the 223p-1 on that instead of experimenting.