Euro Optics has SAKO TRG-22's in .260 Remington in stock

Discussion in 'Practical Long-Range Rifle Shooting' started by Zak Smith, May 17, 2011.

1. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    I just got this note from Alex Roy at Euro Optics. They just received a run of TRG-22's chambered natively in .260 Remington. Price ranges from about $100 to $3350. This is a good option for someone who wants a high-end "factory" rifle in .260, ready to go from the box:

http://www.eurooptic.com/sako-rifles.aspx

2. Student New Member

Student
    Zak, I have read all of your articles on your website and am currently thinking about selling my Remington 700 to fund an AI but cant afford an ax or aw. How do you feel the TRG holds up compared to the AE? I am sure they will bolth outshoot me but if I am going to spend that kind of money I want a rifle that will last along time. I like your forum and hope to attend classes with you guys in Oregon some day.

3. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    Of those I would take the AE. I think that in the TRG-42 action (.300/.338), it's more closer to the AI (AWSM); however, in the short action TRG-22 I have seen some mixed results. Those were .308's, not the .260's however.

4. Capt Academy New Member

Capt Academy
    Zak, I also have Remington 700's and was thinking about first changing to an AI stock over the McMillian A-5, what are your thoughs on just a stock change?

Also, if I was to purchase an AI, does it come with a 260 barrel or would I need to change it out? Who would be a good source to get one from? What work would need to be done on an AI, if any?

5. Chris Rhines New Member

Chris Rhines
    I'd be interested in hearing some more details here. Reliability issues, poor dust tolerance, lousy accuracy?

A few long-range rifle matches have opened up in my area, and I've been giving the TRG-22 some thought.

-C

6. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    I've seen three TRG-22's at matches/classes and one of them did not shoot well. I don't know what the problem was. The others worked great.