Douglas, WY class location.

Discussion in 'Training Group' started by Seth, May 18, 2013.

1. Seth New Member

• Thunder Beast Shooter
    Seth
    I attended the 206+ class in Logan, NM back in March and the entire experience was incredible! I'm interested in doing another one and I see the next class is in Douglas...the website doesn't have much info on this location. I was just hoping you could provide a little more info on the range setup/course, etc. Thanks!

2. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    The site in Douglas is roughly comparable in layout/setup to the Logan site. Ray and I run the SnipersHide Cup at the Douglas site, and we really dig the Logan setup so we made them similar, but the geographic features are different and at Douglas we can stretch the distance out considerably further (1200+).

3. Seth New Member

• Thunder Beast Shooter
    Seth
    Sounds good! Where do you guys usually stay in Douglas?

4. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    The Douglass Inn, or Sleep Inn

5. Seth New Member

• Thunder Beast Shooter
    Seth
    I'm about to make my data cards for the class...what Density Altitude range should I plan for? Thanks!

6. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    The actual location is about 5000', so you can figure anywhere from about 5000 up to 9000 depending on temperature

7. Seth New Member

• Thunder Beast Shooter
    Seth
    Is a card for every 2000' DA sufficient? Meaning I can bring 3 cards...5000,7000, and 9000?

8. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    Yes, that's normally what we do, to control the number of cards we have to carry around