Best Way To Remove Brake (Rocksett On)

Discussion in 'Silencers' started by Robert Whitley, May 18, 2015.

1. Robert Whitley New Member

Robert Whitley
    Seem like a lot of recommendations to use Rocksett for suppressor mountings (i.e. CB brake, etc.) but the question many of us have is what's the easiest way to remove brakes and muzzle devices that are put on with it?

It's a bit spooky putting a device on feeling like it's going to be a real issue getting it back off if you want to do a changeup later on.

I'm hoping the TBAC guys here have worked with Rocksett enough to depart some meaningful info on the subject.

2. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    Rocksett has approximately the same strength as blue loctite, it just doesn't melt. Its instructions say to use water to dissolve it. We have just cranked off Rocketted brakes before. Red loctite comes off with heat.

3. Justin heath New Member

Justin heath
    Do you suggest Red Loctite to lock the brake on then? If not what and is there a torque that you recommend?

4. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    Most of the time blue will be fine. Some times blue will come loose especially if the threads weren't completely cleaned beforehand. There's nothing wrong with using Red, and that's what I use.

For torque, if you just clock it about 12-15 degrees out by hand with the peel washer, per the instructions, when you torque it to 12'o'clock it will be fine.