Best magnum suppressor

Discussion in 'Practical Long-Range Rifle Shooting' started by Heber, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Heber New Member

Heber
    I am having 7mm allen mag built and I'm wondering if anyone makes a suppressor that can take that kind of pressure. ...more than 338 lapua powder capacity out a 7mm bore size .. ?

2. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    What is its water capacity, the barrel length, and your load data?

3. Heber New Member

Heber
    122 grains of h2o ...220 grain alco bullets @ 3000 fps 28" barrel

4. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    Do you know what powder will be used?

5. Heber New Member

Heber
    H. Retumbo. WC-860 WC-872

6. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    I can't replicate that in QuickLoad, but it would be OK at that barrel length in a .338 suppressor, such as our new (not yet released) .338 model.

7. Heber New Member

Heber
    How much louder would it be (approx) than a 338 lapua. ....with the bullet size vs suppressor size of 338 to 7mm? And how short could the barrel be before there was an issue?

8. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    I have no idea. It should be pretty close based on the amount of powder (around 100 grains). On the barrel length, I can't get a good read in QuickLoad so I don't have even a semi-reliable predictor on the burn rate

9. Heber New Member

Heber
    Thanks ..! And when do you plan to have the 338 one out?

10. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    Should be announced in a couple weeks

11. alcesgigas New Member

alcesgigas
    I know of other LKRM 338 Terminator owners using the TBAC 9 Ultra; they're surely satiated in its use! For what its worth my maximum loads approach 3150 with a 300 grain Sierra MK, Berger OTM, AND 275 grain Peregrine using H50BMG, RL50, RL33, HUS869, AND VV n570 loading from 100 to 113.5 grains (depending on powder of course). The LRKM is a single shot turnbolt bullpup. My barrel is 31" and the heaviest Broughton offers. Princess at camp5.jpg