Announcing the Brake-Attach (BA) Suppressor Line

Discussion in 'Silencers' started by Zak Smith, May 22, 2011.

1. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    Our new Brake Attach (BA) line of silencers is ready. These were developed to meet the needs of customers who require a muzzle device when shooting without the suppressor. We haven't found a "quick mount" on the market that meets our accuracy and repeatability requirements, so we developed the BA series to mount over our brake and provide the same repeatability as our direct thread attach suppressors, like the 30P-1. The 30BA features a conical shoulder for rock solid POI repeatability and to make sure it never comes loose. These use the same baffle stack as their direct thread-attach counterparts (30P-1 and 338P-1) and are just as quiet.

The 338BA suppressor can be mounted on the 30BA brake, but the opposite does not fit for safety reasons. The 30BA brake is a single chamber design, while the 338BA brake is a double chamber design.

Links to specs
    Thunder Beast Arms Corporation [TBAC] | Products | 30BA [​IMG]
    Thunder Beast Arms Corporation [TBAC] | Products | 338BA [​IMG]

30BA - fully mounted on brake
    [​IMG]

338BA - fully mounted on brake
    [​IMG]

Both brakes
    [​IMG]

338BA mounted, 30BA brake below
    [​IMG]

338BA mounted on a long AI
    [​IMG]

Muzzle view
    [​IMG]

Now shipping to dealers!

2. Wendell Sullivent New Member

• Thunder Beast Shooter
    Wendell Sullivent
    Zak,
    I see that Bear Arms is a dealer now, Gary is a great guy and even better for me if you know what I mean. As I stated on the hide just in time for my .260 build.

3. Austin Angus New Member

• Thunder Beast Shooter
    Austin Angus
    Looks great! I need to order a 338BA here soon.

4. mgpatty New Member

mgpatty
    Are the thread specs for the 5/8x24 muzzle brake the same as the standard 5/8x24 thread specs you posted in the Technical Bulletins and FAQ section?

5. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    Yes, the same spec will work.

6. Ray Sanchez Sales & Demos

• Instructor
    Ray Sanchez
    I have to say the the 30BA made my Big Horn 260 so easy to shoot this weekend at the Steel Safari. Recoil reduction was so good I could see my own hits/misses making any needed corrections easy to call.
    This can will make your favorite rig more shootable.

7. Lionel Francis New Member

Lionel Francis
    IF i get the 30 BA do you guys put it on or can you send it to GA precision and let them do the work?

8. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    A gunsmith is not required to mount the brake if the muzzle already has threads. If not, we can do it, or he can do it, or any competent gunsmith should be able to do it.

9. Airedale56 New Member

Airedale56
    Zak,
    IF you're getting a POI shift when attaching a 30Ba, how much is typical? (Can vs no Can?).
    I've got an LTR .308 that I may have Shane thread sometime down the road.
    AND I'm still working on getting silencers approved for hunting in WY.
    Hope we can get something done this year.

John

10. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    POI shift depends on the weight of the suppressor vs. the barrel stiffness. Just like the 30P-1, typical shift is 0 - 0.75 moa. Some rifles have none, some have 1, 2, or 3 clicks. A very small number have shift of 1 moa or a little more; these typically have more to do with a barrel harmonic.