30PSS vs 30PS for 300 Blackout Supersonic & Subsonic

Discussion in 'Silencers' started by WMc, Dec 26, 2013.

1. WMc New Member

WMc
    Is the 30PSS appreciably louder than the 30PS when firing supersonic Blackout loads? Also is there a decibel difference when using the subsonic loads?

2. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    Yes, it will be louder than the 30PS when firing supersonic loads. With subs it is very close, but I think more sound comes "out" of the action shooting subs on either.

3. WMc New Member

WMc
    With the supersonic loads is the difference substantial enough to warrant the extra length & weight if mainly subsonic is used. I would mainly reserve the supersonic use for hunting. The size difference of the suppressors concerns me because this will go on an AAC HandiRifle.

4. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    If you want it to be quiet with supersonic but compact go with the 30PS. If absolute least size is the priority, go with the 30PSS. The 30PSS is substantially louder with full power ammo.

5. WMc New Member

WMc
    Thanks for your input.

6. russ New Member

russ
    If I plan on shooting a bolt action rifle in 300BLK, the 30PSS is nice and quiet? Any reason to step up to the 30PS for subsonic only?

7. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    On an AR-15 it's about balanced with action noise. If you want quieter, go for the 30PS

russ likes this.