30P-1 for my 308 bolt and semi

Discussion in 'Silencers' started by Snipe10, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Snipe10 New Member

Snipe10
    I'm new here and am looking for a can for both my GAP 308 and LMT MWS. I won't be firing tons rapidly and am wondering if this is the right choice for what I want.

Had it narrowed down to Specwar, AAC and TB, and then signed up for your forum. Surefire seems not worth the price difference, is it? I'm a cry once type of guy so not that concerned about price.

I don't know how much I'm concerned about weight, maybe I should be, but like I said, it's all new to me,

I live by Mile High here in Colorado and will be buying there. I don't know if they carry TB but am sure they can order from you, correct?

Thanks for any advice in advance

2. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    Yeah, they can order or you could try up the street at Trigger Time.

The 30P-1 or 30BA would be a great choice. We build these for precision and any application where accuracy is more important than raw rate of fire they'll be fine.

The steel/inconel .30 caliber suppressors from SWR or AAC will weigh a lot more. We will have some suppressors for a heavier-duty application in the future but they will weigh more also

3. Snipe10 New Member

Snipe10
    Zak, Thanks for the quick response, I'll ask Mile High to give you a call as i'd prefer to get all three cans I want at once from the same dealer. What do you recommend for a 223? Was going with the AAC Tirant for my 45's as I've shot those a bunch and they seem to work well but like being able to communicate directly with the Company!

So thanks much again,

4. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    The TiRant is supposed to be good but I haven't shot one. I have a 9mm Osprey that seems to work pretty well.

On the .223, our QD mount is still in the R&D cycle. If you don't mind direct thread the 223P-1 is very good. Other than that there are a lot of options for .223 cans