223p-1

Discussion in 'Silencers' started by Le 901, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Le 901 New Member

Le 901
    :what::what::what:Why is my suppressor rattling? Is it safe to keep shooting it? Why did this happen? What if I hadn't noticed and continue to shoot? Should I check my 30p? Is this something I need to be checking? I've never heard of this happening and now I'm very concerned. What if I had a bullet strike? Could this have damaged my gun and me and the suppressor? This seems to be a very dangerous situation and I am very concerned. Am I the only person this has happened to? If not then why wasn't I notified that this could happen and the dangers associated with it? :fire::fire::fire:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  2. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    Due to the stainless and titanium construction of the 223P-1 (they cannot be welded together), there is the possibility of some 223P-1's developing a rattle after heating and cooling cycles. Normally this is not anything to worry about. Unless there has been damage to the suppressor, the movement is just in the forward/backward direction and will not cause a functional problem.

We'd be happy to fix it for you if you send it in.

One of the changes from the 223P-1 to the 223P-2 is a patent pending method to connect these dissimilar metals to prevent rattle from developing.

3. Le 901 New Member

Le 901
    Ok, thanx
    I'll be sending it back. Any idea how long this will take? I'm currently using it on my 5.7 fn pistol.

4. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    We normally turn around repairs like that in about a week, but our foreman will give you a call when we get it. Give us a call tomorrow so we can make sure you send back the right paperwork
    thanks

5. dogcatcher New Member

dogcatcher
    Can a NIB 223p1 be updated to a 223p2?