2012 COMBAT BIATHLON SERIES [WY]

Discussion in 'Matches and Competition' started by Zak Smith, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    [​IMG]
    COMPETITION DYNAMICS presents The
    2012 COMBAT BIATHLON SERIES
    Periodically held near Douglas, Wyoming

This match is a biathlon-style race that includes movement over land (run, hike, snowshoe, or ski based on weather conditions) in conjunction with practical shooting challenges. The intent of this match is to test the concept of combining use of martial force with hard physical challenges: The "Fitness Match."

Individuals will complete approx 5 miles of movement using a method appropriate to the weather and ground conditions, to include: running, hiking, slogging, snowshoeing, or skiing. The total distance will be broken up into laps or segments. Between each lap, the competitor will complete one or more practical shooting challenges that involve a full-power rifle, carbine, shotgun, or pistol. (Consult schedule for required guns each month.) There may also be additional physical tasks to accomplish such as burpees, dragging weight, lifts, etc.

The rest of the details are available on the
    MATCH WEB SITE

2. Reed New Member

Reed
    This looks great. If Im back by then I would like to participate aswell as in the SS. Burpees and Spuats, lots of them, would go well with the 5 mile event.

3. Jake Hogan New Member

Jake Hogan
    Sweet! I'm in. I know there are a couple other's up here in the Douglas, Glenrock and Casper areas that would jump at this. Let me know if I can help spread the word or anything else.

4. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    Jake Hogan likes this.
  5. Mark Brady New Member

Mark Brady
    Any ideas on when the next events will be?

6. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Zak Smith
    Not yet. Our summer is super packed with all the big matches and training. We're basically going to fit the CB's in where we can and try to post about a month's notice.