Weatherby vanguard 223 hunting silencer?

Discussion in 'Silencers' started by Cooptroop, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Cooptroop New Member

I have a weatherby vanguard 223, I would like to get a silencer for it.
    What do I have to do to get one put on.
    I live in Utah
    Thanks
    Coop
  2. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Find a dealer; order the 223P-1. If it's not threaded, have a gunsmith do it or send it to us.
  3. Cooptroop New Member

How much to have you tread it, what kind of weight does it add, and can you suggest a dealer near Provo Utah ?
  4. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    It's $100 +/- 20 depending on the rifle- call the shop to get a specific quote. The 223P-1 weighs 15 ounces http://thunderbeastarms.com/products/223p-1

You could try Dougs Shoot N Sports in Taylorsville or Get Some LLC in Murray
  5. Cooptroop New Member

Isn't that pretty heavy for a silencer?
    Or do you make a light weigh one?
    LLC ?
    I am not to savy on the gun lingo.
    It would be best if they were in the Spanish fork, Provo area for me.
    I have access to full blown machine shop, do you know the thread, and depth of the threads in the end of the barrel
  6. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Hi,

No, it's pretty light for a .223 Remington (centerfire) suprpessor. Across the board, our suppressors are amongst the lightest on the market in their respective classes.

"Get Some LLC" is the name of the dealer in Murray.

I can have our head machinist send you dimensions if you want to do it yourself. The threads themselves have to be class 3A.

These aren't all near you, but we've dealt with Cross Canyon Arms, Get Some LLC, Impact Guns, Dougs Shoot N Sports, Performance Guns, and Range Masters in UT.
  7. Cooptroop New Member

Ok,
    Thanks for the info.
    I will get back to you.
  8. Lunetist New Member

Coop,

Get Some Guns & Ammo just opened a location in Orem, Utah.

My Dad worked with them to order his Thunder Beast 30P-1.

They were great to work with and very knowledgeable about the required paperwork.

I was able to shoot my Dads 30P-1 the day after Thanksgiving on my .308 Vanquish (Nemesis Arms).

Follow this forum and read Zak's article on Practical Long Range Shooting.

They really helped me make good decisions.

Respectfully,

Lunetist