30P-1

Discussion in 'Silencers' started by SCOTT VANSISE, May 10, 2012.

1. SCOTT VANSISE New Member

I AM INTERESTED IN YOUR 30P-1 SILENCER FOR MY .308 . HOW EFFECTIVE WOULD THE 30P-1 BE ON .223 AND .22LR? LOOKING FOR 1 SILENCER FOR ALL 3 CALIBERS. THANKS.
  2. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    It would be effective on both. It is less efficient than a 223P-1 on .223 because it's simply larger to account for gas volumes that .308-.300 produce, but it will still suppress effectively.

On .22LR, you will see some effect but the design of a .22LR suppressor is quite different than a centerfire rifle suppressor. It will still suppress the report, though. If you shoot extensively on the .22LR, you will want to clean it eventually.
  3. SCOTT VANSISE New Member

SOUNDS GOOD. ONCE I CREATE THE TRUST, CAN I ORDER DIRECTLY FROM YOU AND HAVE IT TRANSFERED TO A LOCAL CLASS 3 DEALER HERE? I AM IN CHARLOTTE, NC. DO YO HAVE ANY LOCAL DEALERS NEAR CHARLOTTE?
  4. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Hi,

You can use any class 3 SOT for the transfer. I don't think we have one in Charlotte
  5. SCOTT VANSISE New Member

When will you have the 30p-1 in stock? I ordered one in black. Dealer was told you were out of stock. Do you have any other finishes besides black currently in stock?
  6. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    They are in continuous production and we are currently about 4 weeks behind on serial numbers

thanks
  7. Charger442 New Member

Does that mean your filing the Form 3s with serial numbers before your producing them? or is it order placed, 4 week wait for production, then submit form 3, wait 65 days, then transfer to the dealer?
  8. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    It means there is currently roughly a 4 week wait for production before we have the serial number and can file the Form 3.
  9. Gungho03 New Member

Hi Zak, I was getting caught up on threads, Interesting about the .22 long rifle, I was wanting to shoot a .22 CMMG conversion .22 rifle AR coversion on my AR-15 chambered in 5.56 through the 30P-1, is there a problem with that or is this good to go?
  10. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    It will be OK. If you shoot a lot of .22 through it I would recommend cleaning.
  11. Gungho03 New Member

Zak, I got a new crazy question about the 30P-1.Based off the previous response, I surmise a .22 ruger PAC-LITE fixed barrel could support firing through without baffle strikes. Can the same be said for the glock 17 .22 conversion TS (tactical solutions)? I know that the barrel and action have to lock and unlock (thus creating barrel cant and movement)., Thanks for answering my crazy question, I promise this is the last one.
  12. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    Hi,

There shouldn't be a problem because the bullet should be long gone by the time anything moves.
  13. Gungho03 New Member

Zak, I promised but heres a stupid question back at ya. Crazy 1. Firing subsonics? Crazy 2. I think also the 30P-1 is light enough to allow it to function properly do you have any first hand experience with autloaders or can you walk outside and test it?
    Thanks
  14. Zak Smith Operations

• Instructor
    If the conversion depends on the barrel moving like a "real" Glock does, it will probably not work with 16 ounces of 30P-1 hanging off the barrel. On fixed-barrel .22's, there's no problem. Subsonics are no problem as long as the bullets are stabilized .